Use the input boxes below to enter the names for a quick search of the database.
Use the Advanced Search menu item above for a more detailed search option.
Our Family Trees
Welcome to the Wilson-Moore Family Tree website. Although many hours have been spent collecting the information contained on these page the real credit goes to the following individuals.
- Marshall Wilson, author "You Take It From Here", March 1958
- Marshall Wilson, author "Isaac Wilson Tennessee Frontiersman and His Successors 1776-1975", June 1975
- Gene L. Cross, compiler "Descendents of William Hunter Cross & Lucy W. Mays", October 1978
- Amy Moore Walker, author "Ancestors of George Calvin Moore and Ella Lou Bonds Moore and some of their Descendants", 1981
- Christine McNutt Oates, author "Our Skinner History, Descendants of William & Ann Skinner and Related Families", September 1999
- Billie Ruth Hubbert, compiler "Moore Family History", October 2002
My contribution to these family trees has been to gather source information on many of the events occuring in the lives of the named individuals. Specifically, I have attempted to locate the family members on compiled census records so that a migration record could be established. In doing so, much information has been gathered beyond what was available to the original authors or compilers of the documents mentioned above.
There are many people who have contributed to this effort. Noted especially among them are Joy Locke and Dede Harrill (twin sisters). They have provided a great amount of information on the Wilson family history in the Monroe Co., Tennessee area. Also, I need to mention Richard Meador. He has photographed numerous tombstones in the Gillham Cemetery in Sebastian Co., Arkansas. I have identified 90 individuals listed in the Wilson family buried in the cemetery. Thanks to these and others within the genealogical community, it is possible to gather the information presented on this site.
For the past several months I have been working on the Cross family line. This section has been totally updated as of Aug 22, 2011. The tree contains over 6800 names.
Come back often as I frequently update the family information.